Breast Lift (Mastopexy) in Tucson
Many women who suffer from extremely sagging breasts start to look for options to correct this. By undergoing breast lift surgery, women can feel confident about the look of their breasts again. The breast lift is one of the most common cosmetic procedures done today, with many patients enjoying their results for years to come. Tucson, Arizona surgeon, Dr. Edward Eades, offers this procedure to patients located in the Nogales and Green Valley areas
What is a Breast Lift?
Mastopexy, also known as breast lift surgery, is designed to lift and improve the shape of a woman’s sagging breasts. Over time a woman’s breasts go through many changes from weight fluctuations, pregnancy, and breastfeeding, this can cause the breasts to have decreased or drooping nipples. Breast lift surgery can help to correct these concerns. A mastopexy lifts the nipples and breast tissue to a normal position while also removing excess skin to reshape the breasts for a more youthful, attractive appearance. The mastopexy comes with different incision options to ensure that each patients treatment is perfectly suited for their unique concerns.
Breast Lift Options
At a consultation appointment with Dr. Eades, he will go over each type of incision with his patients and his recommendations to make sure they understand all of their options.
- Anchor Incision: This incision is made from the areola, vertically down into the breast crease, and then continues along the breast. This is the most traditional type of incision used in breast lift procedures and is particularly helpful for women who suffer from severely sagging breast tissue.
- Lollipop Lift: This incision is made from the areola, vertically down to the breast crease. This type of incision helps women that have a moderate degree of sagging in the breasts, who do not want breast implants.
- Donut Lift: This type of incision is made around the areola area; this type of incision helps women with a mild-to-moderate depress of sagging in the breasts.
- Crescent Lift: This type of incision is less commonly used, but still effective. It is done by making a crescent-shaped incision on the upper half of the areola, then removing some skin and reattaching the surrounding skin. This type of lift is commonly done in conjunction with a breast augmentation procedure and benefits women with minor sagging.
- Scarless Lift: These types of incisions are helpful for women who are more concerned with volume loss in the breasts than sagging breast tissue.
Am I A Good Candidate For A Breast Lift?
Potential patients for breast lift surgery are looking to improve breast appearance by elevating sagging breasts and improving shape and firmness. Mastopexy can be combined with breast augmentation (placement of breast implants) to restore volume and fullness lost after breastfeeding or weight loss. Candidates who benefit the most from surgery have defined goals with realistic expectations. Dr. Eades makes sure to let his patients know, through a consultation, if the breast lift is a good treatment option for them.
What Can I Expect From Breast Lift Surgery?
Dr. Eades uses a general anesthetic for this surgery. Breast lift surgery offers many technique options depending on a patient’s desires. These options include different incision types, tissue removal techniques, and tissue reshaping methods. Dr. Eades, near the Nogales and Green Valley areas, is well experienced in this procedure and uses a variety of techniques to shape, lift, and contour sagging breasts for the best results.
What Is Recovery Like Following A Breast Lift?
Before their procedure, it is important that patients designate a caregiver or helper to assist during recovery time. Caregivers should be able to drive patients’ home from the outpatient surgery center and provide assistance the first day after surgery. Patients may be provided with a supportive postoperative bra. Surgical drains may be used but are not often placed. Patients can expect mild swelling and perhaps some pain at incision sites. Post-op care instructions given to you by Dr. Eades will address incision care and a timetable to resume activities. Typically, you may return to work within 10 days. Complete healing will require four to six weeks. By that time, you can enjoy the new look and appearance of your breasts.
Schedule A Consultation
Interested in breast lift surgery? Your first step towards your surgery is to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Eades. By calling Dr. Eades’ office, located near Oro Valley and Nogales. Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, Tucson surgeon, Dr. Eades will answer your questions with his experienced opinions. He can help you on your way to properly positioned and more attractively shaped breasts.