Vaginal rejuvenation can be a bit of a sensitive subject for some, but vaginal laxity and incontinence are real issues that affect many women. Until now, there haven’t been many solutions that are effective while being minimally invasive. Thermi-Va is the first of its kind, using radiofrequency to tighten the vaginal walls and surface of the labia using an “s” shaped probe that emits a gentle heat.
What to Expect the Day of Treatment
The day of treatment there is nothing you need to do to prepare for the procedure. This procedure is completed in office by your doctor or technician. The treatment itself lasts approximately 40 minutes. The wand is inserted into the vaginal canal to tighten the walls and is also applied on the outside anatomy of the vagina. After treatment, you can immediately resume your normal daily routine. This non-surgical treatment has gained a lot of popularity due to its lack of downtime and great efficacy.
What Issue Can be Treated by ThermiVa?
- Vaginal Laxity – As we age and with childbirth, the structure of the vagina will weaken and change.
- Vaginal Dryness – Dryness can occur for a variety of reasons, but regardless of the cause, it can cause a lot of discomfort.
- Incontinence – With a weakening of vaginal tissues and muscles, bladder control can become difficult. This issue can be both inconvenient and embarrassing for those affected.
- Orgasmic Dysfunction – When the nerve endings are not working properly, this can affect one’s sexual pleasure.
- Hormonal Changes – The effects of hormonal changes can happen for a variety of reasons. Some reasons the body will go through changes are menopause, cancer treatment, and even hormone therapy.