Oftentimes when a patient achieves major weight loss, they experience excess sagging skin and fat. This acts as an annoyance to their major accomplishment of weight loss and renewed self-esteem! Thankfully, Dr. Eades can help with sagging skin and fat with a selection of body contouring techniques.
Body contouring encompasses a variety of procedures, and which procedures are necessary depend on each individual patient’s wants and needs. These procedures include:
- Facelift- treats sagging skin in the cheeks, jowls and neck.
- Breast augmentation/lift- increases the size of and lifts sagging breasts.
- Tummy tuck- eliminates excess sagging skin on the abdomen.
- Body lifts- lower and upper body lifts; including buttocks, thighs, and arms.
- Liposuction- excess fat removal in various regions of the body.
Body contouring is best for patients who have been at their desired weight for about a year. If further major weight loss occurs, results may not be long-lasting. Is it also important to be in a general state of good health, as chronic medical conditions may cause complications. It is also advised that patients quit smoking at least six weeks before surgery and six weeks afterwards as smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications.
After undergoing body contouring following weight loss, it is important that patients continue to follow a healthy lifestyle. This is central to maintaining your results.
If you are located in the Tucson, AZ area, and are interested in body contouring following weight loss, contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.